Warm this Winter – This is where we draw the line
We will not stand by. We will stand together.
Our campaigning for warm homes, affordable energy bills – free from profiteering energy companies – has made waves, of course there is much more work to be done and we will not stop.
More than ever we are seeing community care stepping in – while profit is prioritized over people – people are stepping up.
This is an open invitation to join us, share your story, share your anger, share your sadness – we demand better and we will stand side by side as we do this.
‘This is Where We draw the Line.’
Saturday 18th November 11:30am Central Cardiff.
Read on to see our top 10 impacts from this year – what people power can achieve.
We should all be warm this winter and we will not stop until we are.
JOIN WITH US.
We know how important is to recharge, to be happy and healthy and so if you can’t join with us we’d still like to hear from you.
Share your message. So please email us with your story, words or support. firstname.lastname@example.org
Needing some inspiration? Be inspired with this short video from Green Squirrel one of hundreds of communities working together – this is how we win.
Our Impact: The Top 10 Warm this Winter
1. Gained unanimous support in the Senedd for our Warm This Winter Wales campaign demands to tackle the cost-of-living, energy and climate crisis.
2. Campaigned successfully for the Welsh Government to create a publicly-owned renewable energy developer for Wales.
3. Triggered the Senedd to launch an inquiry into the prepayment meter scandal, giving MSs the opportunity to cross-examine energy firm bosses.
4. Campaigned successfully to bring down the price of electricity for people on prepayment meters, many of whom are the poorest and most vulnerable in society.
5. Ensured the Warm Homes Programme, the Welsh Government’s fuel poverty and home-upgrade scheme, addresses the needs of the most vulnerable and prioritises low-carbon technologies.
6. Helped to close down the UK’s largest opencast coal mine in Merthyr, by supporting and amplifying the community’s campaign.
7. Campaigned successfully for the Welsh Government to act on a promise to launch Ynni Cymru, an initiative to accelerate community energy around Wales.
8. Brought together a diversity of organisations — unions, charities, industries — to find solutions to how Wales can lower its carbon emissions and used this roundtable discussion to influence the Welsh Government.
9. Ensured the Welsh Government provided cost-of-living support for struggling households, with the support in Wales going beyond that of the UK government.
10. Campaigned successfully for more free childcare for families in Wales, leading to the announcement of an additional £10 million revenue in 2023-24.
Protect what you love
Tell our leaders to protect the Wales we love from the climate and nature emergency. Send a giant ice heart to the Senedd to show them just how much you care.Add your voice