By joining the Climate Cymru network you’ll become part of a movement that’s creating meaningful, lasting change at the heart of politics and society in Wales.
Climate Cymru is an active and growing network of 370 organisations and 15,000 people - the largest movement in Wales dedicated to climate action.
Discover more about Partner Membership:
As a network, we can achieve so much more than when we work in isolation. Climate Cymru brings together a huge cross-section of society into collective, collaborative action for climate and social justice.
We have a small team of highly motivated and experienced changemakers, who use their political and campaigning expertise to get the voices and needs of the movement captured in the policies and laws that govern us.
“Climate Cymru has brought about a significant step up in coordinated climate and nature action in Wales, bringing together voices from all corners and sectors of society in a coordinated way is an exciting prospect, and with such a clear action focus, there is lots more potential for Climate Cymru to be at the heart of inspiring real change”
The strength of the Climate Cymru network is its breadth and diversity – from local community groups, national organisations, businesses, universities, and faith groups. A major focus of our work is to amplify the voices of smaller and underrepresented groups that often go unheard.
“"As a small group, with very limited capacity, being part of the Climate Cymru network has enabled us to connect with a much wider, more diverse network and be a part of all sorts of opportunities that we wouldn't have had otherwise and has had a real positive impact on what we are able to do" ”
Since we formed in 2021, the Climate Cymru network has achieved a significant impact to put climate, nature and social justice on the political agenda in Wales. As a large and diverse network, we have:
- Taken 13,000 voices to the COP26 climate summit to make sure that world leaders listened to the demands of people across Wales.
- Received unanimous support in the Senedd for our Warm This Winter Wales campaign to tackle the cost-of-living, energy, and climate crisis.
- Put a Nature Positive Wales on the political agenda, with the largest open letter ever received by the Welsh Government and secured a commitment from the Climate Change Minister to introduce laws for strong environmental governance and nature-recovery targets.
- Campaigned successfully for the Welsh Government to create a publicly-owned renewable energy developer for Wales.
- Made sure that the Warm Homes Programme, Welsh Government’s fuel poverty and home upgrade programme, addresses the needs of the most vulnerable and prioritises low-carbon technologies.
- Campaigned successfully for the Welsh Government to act on a promise to launch Ynni Cymru, an initiative to accelerate community energy around Wales.
- Triggered the Senedd to launch an inquiry into the prepayment meter scandal, giving MSs the opportunity to cross-examine energy firm bosses.
- Campaigned successfully to bring down the price of electricity for people on prepayment meters, many of whom are the poorest and most vulnerable in society.
- Helped to close down the UK’s largest opencast coal mine in Merthyr, by supporting and amplifying the community’s campaign.